Friday, April 17, 2009

Turtle Power!

Remember Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? Heroes in a half shell - turtle power! Cowabunga dude!




I collected the masks of all the TMNTs. The only way I remembered the name of Renaissance era artists on my World History test in high school was by thinking back to this totally awesome show. Shortly after the movie came out, my brother and I waited in line for an hour for Michelangelo's autograph. I felt so silly when I realized he wasn't the actor in the movie - in fact his costume was a pretty lame replica. And he didn't even say anything. That was the end of my TMNT love affair, although they still hold a place in my heart.

This talk of animated ninja turtles is inspired by a 25th birthday celebration I will be attending tonight - complete with pizza (!), numchucks, bowstaffs and headbands. With so many grown up worries dominating my thoughts these days, it will be nice to wax nostalgic with fellow '80s babies and pretend I'm that eager 8 year-old waiting in line for Michelangelo's autograph (he was my fave, by the way).

Tubular, dude!

No comments:

Post a Comment