Thursday, October 14, 2010

The 505

As I opened up the blogger website I suddenly realized what a cliche I've become. I'm all hopped up on caffeine at a local coffee shop, typing a ten page paper for grad school, using my blog to distract me from school work. Hmmmm. I think I need a job.

Anyway, this will be short and sweet, because as I said, I'm in the middle of typing a ten page paper. I have found just about every way possible to avoid working on this dreaded paper. I've responded to all outstanding emails and organized my inbox, tweeted and facebooked, caught up on my Google Reader, checked every news website, looked for a job, looked for an apartment (which doesn't come without the job, but it doesn't hurt to know what's out there). And throughout the process I've been pumping Pandora through my earphones.

Here comes the point of this post. Have you ever heard a song and decided that the songwriter must have read your journal or something? (Oh, by the way, nearly every time I read my horoscope over at astrobarry.com, I'm convinced the man has way too much insight into what's happening in my life... if you like reading your horoscope at all, I highly recommend this site) That's what happened to me with 505 by the Arctic Monkeys. I don't think they're talking about heading back to my version of the 505, considering they are from the UK, but you never know. I can't say how else I relate, being that I don't think I should divulge too much of my love life on a public website, so enjoy. This is probably as much as I'll reveal when it comes to that aspect of my life in Albuquerque (like anyone really cares anyway. :))

No comments:

Post a Comment