Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My California To-Do List

Ever since my revelation last week that all I really wanna do is go home, I have been thinking how much I will miss this place. And how much I still want to do while I live here. Inspired by Jess' 101 things in 1001 days, I thought I'd make a list of things I want to do while I'm still in California. I am not nearly ambitious enough to make a list of 101, not to mention the fact that my life is in complete limbo, making it very difficult to make such plans. That said, if I fail in completing all tasks on my list (I only have about 5-6 months if I do end up going to UNM), I will just take that as a sign that I will either have to move back one day, or visit very regularly to make sure I cross them all off. So... drumroll please...

(01) Attend a Warrior's basketball game
(02) See a show at the Fillmore in San Francisco
(03) See a show at the Fox in Oakland
(04) Go for a hike in Yosemite
(05) Spend a night in Lake Tahoe
(06) Take a road trip up North to Oregon, Washington, and Vancouver
(07) Take Highway 1 to Southern California
(08) Surf. Again.
(09) Spend a day at the SFMOMA
(10) Pitch at least one story to KQED
(11) Go camping in Big Sur
(12) Visit Sacramento
(13) Visit the "Mystery Spot" in Santa Cruz
(14) Go to the Monterey Bay Aquarium
(15) Take 4 new dance classes
(0/4)
(16) See Wicked or a production of SF Ballet (other than the Nutcracker)

Ok, so as I wrote this, I realized that I have actually done a number of "California" things. I actually had to think hard of things I want to do that I haven't already done.


I've been on a "cruise" on the bay.




Had dinner with close friends overlooking Union Square.




Been to Giants and A's baseball games.




Been to plenty of concerts in Golden Gate Park. Have also been to the California Academy of Sciences and the King Tut exhibit at the De Young Museum.




Hiked the Marin Headlands.




Felt small in Muir Woods.




Felt small in Big Sur.




Watched the RAIDERS upset the Eagles.



Watched the sunset before listening to live music on a boat in the San Diego bay.




Gone wine tasting in Napa (many times!)

... and these are just a sample of some of the things I've gotten to do over the past 3 years. Not only that, but I've been lucky enough to have some of my  good friends back home here with me. It's been one hell of a ride, and I wouldn't take back a single moment of my time here.

No comments:

Post a Comment