Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Trolley's, Lightning, and Injury Lawyers

It's been a few weeks, and I am loving the new perspective I am finding on my hometown... below are just a few of the things I have taken time to take pictures of. 


Driving around town (especially the touristy areas - this is taken at University and Central) I noticed a little piece of San Francisco - Albuquerque Trolley's. A quick look at ABQTrolley.com will fill you in on how this is a uniquely "Albuquerquean" trolley - open air, stucco, wrought iron bars. The trolley hits downtown, old town, Nob Hill, the UNM area, and more... I guess there's even a "Trolleywood" tour that takes sightseers to the parts of town used in movies and the hit TV show "Breaking Bad." So it's not used for mass transit, but looks like a fun thing to do with out of town visitors! And I would probably even learn something.

Last week I experienced what I had been waiting for - a massive thunderstorm (and at sunset, too!). From my parents house, you can the storms moving across the city.. and the lighting was like a fireworks show. I worked pretty hard to get this one shot of a bolt of lighting.

Is it me, or is there an uptick in injury lawyers in Albuquerque? Here's Bert. When I was a kid, Ron Bell dominated the market (who, interestingly enough, was recently arrested for driving under the influence... his slogan is "I sue drunk drivers!") Now you can't drive more than 10 miles without spotting a billboard for some injury lawyer. Which begs the chicken before the egg argument... are there more people getting hurt now, or just more people realizing they can sue for getting hurt? Probably a bit of both. If anyone out there has some sort of research as to the sizable increase of these dudes, fill me in.

No comments:

Post a Comment