Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Two Pet Peeves

I come out from the wood work mostly to vent about my current pet peeves, that hopefully will be eradicated with time. When people say the following...

1.) "YES, because you are a college student..." when referring to me venting about school or being broke. Yes, I am in school, yes I am broke. However, it's been 4 years since I graduated college, and yet I hold a job in which I don't make any money, hence the Master's degree. Grad school is a different ballgame... easier in some ways, more challenging in others, but either way, I'm not going out until 2 am because I don't have to wake up for class until 10 am the next day. I have a job, am allowed two C's throughout the entire program and have to read and write a shitload.

2.) "When you move out of your parents house, you will see how hard it is out there." YES, because I did not live in Washington, DC, Oakland or San Francisco. Only the dorms and my parents house.

Sigh. It's the stress of finals and moving that brought this on I'm sure (oh yeah and because I DO know how tough it is there and I will miss the cushiness of living at mom and dad's house). I also don't think anyone really reads this blog, so it seemed an appropriate place to vent...

How about I end this with a picture of one of the most beautiful sunsets I've ever witnessed. MUCH BETTER...

Off to write about economic development/tax incentives now!

1 comment:

  1. Young adult life is *supposed* to be hard. This is why older adults are so darn cynical. ;)

    ReplyDelete